lifting for you
Atlanta Family Immigration Lawyer for All Your Immigration Needs
Atlanta Family Immigration Lawyer for Family-Related Immigration Law Issues
- Green cards for spouses/fiancés and children
- Green cards for parents
- Green cards for siblings
Immigration law can be a huge stumbling block for a person who wants to reunite their family in the United States. There are several ways to get lawful permanent resident status in the U.S. The Do Law Office can help with your petitions.
One method of acquiring lawful permanent residency is to obtain sponsorship from a family member who is either a legal permanent resident or a U.S. citizen.
Immigration lawyers in Atlanta, GA, will usually have knowledge on the preference categories that are more likely to get your petition approved.
Some of the preference categories include immediate relatives such as parents, spouses, and unmarried or dependent children under 21. Sisters and brothers typically have a lower preference for immigrant visas.
Other immigration options include the temporary child and foreign national spouse visa, including K 1 visa and K 3/4 visa.
If you are looking to obtain permanent resident status for your family outside the U.S., it is critical to secure the services of an immigration lawyer. At the Do Law Office, we have skilled and experienced lawyers who understand the immigration system and the various immigration matters affecting families.
Contact us today, and we may be able to help you with your spousal visas, family visas, unmarried children visas, and any other immigration matters you may have.
Atlanta Immigration Lawyers: Best Family Immigration Lawyer in Atlanta
To increase the odds of getting an approved petition, it is crucial to meet deadlines and comply with all requests for information and documentation.
At the Do Law Office, we understand how critical it is to have your relatives become lawful permanent residents. Our attorneys have many years of experience helping foreign nationals obtain an immigrant visa.
We have handled all manner of immigration cases over the years, and we are confident that we may be able to help you reach your immigration goals.
Why You Should Hire a Family Law and Immigration Attorney in Atlanta
Going through the immigration process and dealing with court hearings, judges, and immigration services can be draining. Since there is a lot at stake, it is vital to hire an immigration attorney who understands immigration and family to act on your behalf.
Family Law Attorney With Immigration Experience in Atlanta, GA
The Immigration and Nationality Act provides a path for obtaining permanent residency or obtaining green cards for relatives of lawful permanent residents and any American citizen.
If you are a United States citizen, you may petition for family visas under the Legal Immigration Family Equity Act (LIFE Act) for the following relatives.
- Married or unmarried daughter or son of any age
- Mother or father, if you are over 21 years of age
- Sister or brother, if you are over the age of 21
As a lawful permanent resident, you can petition for K visas for the following categories of relatives;
- Husband or wife
- Unmarried daughter or son over the age of 21
- Unmarried children under 21 years of age
It is sometimes possible to apply for green cards within the U.S. through an adjustment of status. In other cases, a person will have to make their application through a U.S. consulate abroad.
Contact the Do Law Office today if you are thinking of filing a petition for your foreign national fiancé, brother, sister, father, or mother. As a green card holder or U.S. citizen, we can help you navigate the bureaucratic visa process and get things right the first time.
Contact us today, as the sooner we have the facts of your case, the sooner we can start working on the process of reuniting you with your family.
Qualities of a Good Family Immigration Lawyer
Some of the qualities to look for in a lawyer include:
- An Eye for Detail – A ton of paperwork is involved, and mistakes could set the process back for months or even years. As such, your lawyer needs to have a superb eye for detail so that they can identify any issues in the paperwork before you make the visa application.
- Strong Communication Skills – Complex legal issues can befuddle most citizens, but this can be worse for foreign citizens who may not understand some of the language used in the visa application documents. In this regard, your lawyer needs to be a strong communicator who can communicate effectively in terms that the applicant can understand. Fluency in your native language is a plus! At Do Law Office, we speak English, Vietnamese, and Spanish.
- Up to Date – Laws are usually in a constant state of flux, and hence a good lawyer needs to keep updating their knowledge base. This will allow them to know the latest developments and how they impact their client’s work permit or K-1 visa applications.
- Creative Problem Solving – A good lawyer understands that no two cases are the same, and this means they need to be creative to solve different kinds of problems that may arise. That, along with analytical skills, makes for a lawyer who can offer solid solutions when problems arise.
Perseverance – Even when the paperwork has been filed correctly, there may still be issues that may slow the process down. In such an instance, a good lawyer needs to have the perseverance to submit clarifications, file immigration appeals, and do everything in their power to help their client obtain lawful permanent resident status.
What to Consider When Hiring an Atlanta Family Immigration Lawyer
There are several aspects to consider in the search for a lawyer to help you with your temporary protected status, naturalization, refugee asylum, visas, or deportation defense application.
Some of the considerations include:
- Experience – It is critical to secure the services of a lawyer with experience in a narrower area of immigration you intend to file for. A lawyer practicing a given area of the law will be more knowledgeable on it and will be more effective in dealing with any immigration issues that may arise.
- Customer Reviews – You can ask a family member or friend for reviews on immigration lawyers and law firms. You can always check legal review websites or the State Bar of Georgia website for reviews or disciplinary action against a particular lawyer.
- Beware of Visa Consultants – Always rely on immigration attorneys rather than consultants, notaries, or USCIS officials for assistance with your green card or K-1 visa applications. Non-lawyers tend not to have a good understanding of the law and may cause more harm than good. Likewise, you should avoid general lawyers who do not regularly practice immigration law.
- Professionalism – It is crucial to set up an appointment with the immigration attorney to determine their level of professionalism. You need to hire a lawyer with whom you feel respected and comfortable.
If you are looking for an immigration attorney, you need to consider what your immigration goals are. A good lawyer or law firm will have a comprehensive understanding of the immigration laws in the U.S. and will showcase the utmost professionalism in their dealings with you.
At the Do Law Office, we have experienced Atlanta immigration lawyers who understand immigration law and are ready to apply that knowledge to your unique case. Whether you are looking for citizen spouse visas or seeking employment authorization visas, we have the skills and experience to help you with your petition from start to finish.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation. Once we establish an attorney-client relationship, our family immigration lawyer will provide legal advice on your immigration law issues and help you navigate the relevant immigration processes.
Atlanta Family Immigration Lawyer Fees
- Preparing the I-130 application
- Putting together the documents to be submitted with the I-130 application form or DS-160 for the K-1 visa or other non-immigrant visas
- Drafting legal memos for complex cases where necessary
- Drafting affidavits when needed
- Preparing and submitting responses to the USCIS offices abroad that will accept family and spousal visas
- Filing an adjustment of status application, preparing the applicant for the U.S. consulate (issues immigrant visas abroad) interview, and preparing the consular processing paperwork.
If you are looking for legal advice and help with your immigration case or petition, you should contact the Do Law Office. We have experienced and skilled lawyers who will help you navigate this stressful and challenging time. We hope to provide peace of mind in knowing that we can help you obtain favorable outcomes whether you are seeking family-based immigration, employment authorization, or other immigrant visas.
4500 Satellite Blvd.
Duluth, GA 30096
TO SPEAK WITH OUR OFFICE,
PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL US:
Get the legal advice, counsel, and representation you need